HAPPY BIRTHDAY JROB!
We celebrated John's 32nd birthday yesterday! We were in the kitchen cleaning up after dinner the other night, and we looked at one another and I said, "honey, we are getting old!" haha! I know that 30's aren't "old", but when did we grow up, really?!
I have not a single picture from this weekend, and barely any from this summer. Terrible Mommy/wife! That's mainly because I have spent the majority of the fun events this summer chasing a sweet toddler :). That, along with our 100+ degree days, leaves me pooped! By the time I think about taking pictures, I'm finally sitting down, and don't feel like getting up! Haha! I have decided that I am going to get better- why last night I actually remembered to pack the camera when we went to John's dad's to cook out (it never made it out of the bag-oops!)
For John's birthday yesterday, we went swimming over at his dad's and enjoyed a dinner of ribs, homemade mac 'n cheese & potatoes- YUM! We had funfetti cake for dessert- I am really loosing it these days because I completely forgot to ice the middle layer :/! When we cut the cake, it just fell apart into 2 separate pieces and John's little brother, who is 3, said, "my cake doesn't have any icing!" because the two middle parts weren't sticking together. Oh dear! Well, I'm a much better housekeeper than cook :).
Here is a picture of us on John's 29th birthday! We went to a Kinston Indians game with his family. Seems like forever ago!
Happy Birthday John!!! We love you!!!
Love the part about forgetting to put icing on the middle layer...classic!!! Happy Birthday JROB!!
ReplyDeleteI love you even more for forgetting to ice the middle of the cake :) You make me feel normal!! Happy Birthday to John!
ReplyDeleteThank you Seantel :)! You know all about my cooking fiasco's! Ha!
ReplyDeleteGina you are so sweet! Thank you so much! I can't wait to see more of little Tate's nursery! You look awesome by the way!!