Lainey is 11 Months!



Happy belated 11 months to Lainey!  Once again I am behind ;)- these two keep me busy- and we have been having fun!  Just today (and I MUST get this on video), the girls and I were upstairs playing in Leighton's room.  I was actually dusting and the girls were playing; I had my iTunes on, and I have quite the variety on my playlist :).  Well, "Empire State of Mind" by Jay Z comes on, and Lainey B starts jammin' out!  She pulls up on the window seat and her head just starts going!  She was so into it!  It was so funny and cute!  She loves music!!!  I played it for her when John and MaMoo were here this evening and she did it again!  Our little party baby- I do believe she gets this dancin' gene for all sides of the family- we all love to sing and dance ;).  I must sign us up for Kindermusik ASAP!  


Lainey at 11 months...

~ you are crawling, pulling up and cruising.  You have even stood alone for a second once or twice!

~ you are a CLIMBER!  OMG!  Your sister did NOT do this!  You climb Leighton's anywhere chair, and try to climb onto her window seat from there.  You also climb into your glider from your stool and I caught you trying to climb onto your table!  You climb Leighton's Clip-Clop Castle, the Little People Farm and several other toys.  You can also climb the stairs!  We have put up baby gates in all necessary areas :).  You are a busy girl!

~ you clap, wave bye-bye, give high five, show me "1" when I say, "who's one?!", and you give kisses

~ you say bye-bye, mama, dada, bwa bwa (Belay), baba (baby?), uh-oh

~ you drink 3 bottles a day and 3 sippy cups a day with your meals- so around 24 ounces a day now :). You are doing much better with your sippy cups!  

~ you still LOVE to eat!  You are starting to prefer finger foods to baby food.  Your favorites are grilled chicken, cheese, ham and fruits.  You will still eat your baby food, but we are doing finger foods with most meals now and baby food to supplement :).

~ you are cutting your top teeth 

~ as of the past week you have an entirely new schedule!  You are on one nap!  I battled this for a few weeks before I caved and let it happen.  I just felt like it was too early, but Leighton went to one nap around 11 months also.  You just kept pushing back your morning nap and then not really going down for your afternoon nap or taking forever to do so (you would play for an hour then finally fall asleep and it was almost dinner time!).  When I finally decided to hold you out until after lunch and try one nap earlier this week, you did a great job!!!  You have slept between 2 1/2 and 3 hours each day, with the exception of one.  We just made that an early bedtime day!  It has worked out so well for us because you, Leighton and myself have so much fun together in the mornings!  When the weather warms up this will mean lots of walks and outside time, yay!  It also frees up our late afternoons as well!  It's so great to have you two on similar napping schedules and to be able to get out of the house more.

Here is your new schedule:
- 7am Up for the day
-7:15/7:30 am: Breakfast 2 oz formula in sippy plus fruit and grain 
-8:30 am: 6oz bottle
-11:30/11:45am: Lunch 2 oz formula in sippy plus yogurt and veggie or meat
-12:30pm: 6oz bottle
-12:45-3:30/4pm: Nap
-5pm: Dinner 2 oz formula in sippy plus veggie and meat (maybe cheese maybe bread)
6pm: Bath
6:30pm: 6 oz Bottle
7pm: Bed

~ you are still wearing size 3 diapers

~ you wear 9 month and 12 month clothes

Your birthday party planning is in full swing!  Oh my how this first year has flown by!  Such a sweet time, but a tiny bit sad because my baby is growing up!  We love you sweet girl!




Comments

Popular Posts