6 Months
Well, believe it or not, and it is soooooo hard for me to believe, Leighton is 6 months old today! At 7:21pm 6 months ago our little baby was born! When I think back to this day 6 months ago, I have a hard time remembering the pain and struggle to get her here. I just remember the first time I saw her- my tiny sweet girl! I was trying my best to keep my eyes open so I could hold her (I had to be completely put under for the c-section). I was so amazed at this perfect little person that we had brought into this world. I am so thankful to God for the gift we have been given. We feel so blessed that He has chosen us to raise Leighton.
At 6 months we are highly entertained by her at every moment! Every expression, every sound, every new discovery she makes, we are in awe over. She is amazing, and we love her so much!!!
- She sleeps 6:45pm-6:45am- allllll night long!!!! Yipppppeeeee! (This has really started this week- she was previously waking up for a 4am or 5am feeding)
- My child loves to jump! It is the highlight of my day to watch her in that Jumperoo.
- She is eating 3 meals per day, cereal, sweet potatoes, bananas and soon to be peas :). She looooves to eat (like her Mommy)! We are also breastfeeding at 7am, 11am, and 3pm and she gets a bottle now right before bedtime :).
- She can scoot forward a tiny bit, but gets around in circles without a problem.
- She loves books, but not for reading quite yet, mainly for putting in her mouth.
- We are close to sitting up on our own, but not quite there yet. We still topple over!
- I think we are entering the beginning stages of teething- she chews on anything she can get her hands on and is randomly fussy for no apparent reason.
- She has also recently become a good little napper (knock on wood!). We are still on 3 naps, but she did 2 long naps earlier in the week, so I feel like we might begin transitioning there soon. She sleeps between 1-2 hours in the morning, 2 hours mid-day and between 1-2 hours in the afternoon (depending on how long her morning nap is- sometimes this late nap is only 30/45 minutes), usually totally between 3 1/2 to 4 hours! YIIIPPPPIIIIIEEEEE!!!! This was such a struggle for us for so long- I didn't ever think she was going to be a good napper.
- She is still in size 2 diapers.
- Several of her 3-6 months clothes are too small. We are trying to make a few of them last until the warmer weather gets here so we don't have to buy any winter 6 months clothes :)! I have come to realize that my favorite clothing items are either dresses or 2 pieces. Oddly enough, because I have such a short torso, Leighton is very long in the trunk and she usually grows out of rompers length-wise before they even fit her in the arms (they are still too long here)!
See How I've Grown...


She's a cutie - hands down a spitting image of her daddy :) Can't WAIT to see her soon!
ReplyDeleteMiss you and that precious little girl. Hope to see you soon!
ReplyDelete