Baby Leighton's First Year

On the night you were born,
the moon smiled with such wonder
that the stars peeked in to see you
and the night wind whispered,
"Life will never be the same"
... because there had never been anyone like you ever in the world.

****

For never before in story or rhyme
(not even once upon a time)
has the world ever known a you, my friend,
and it never will, not ever again...

Heaven blew every trumpet
and played every horn
on the wonderful, marvelous
night you were born.

"For you are fearfully and wonderfully made..."
Psalms 139

(On the Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman)

Comments

  1. I'm a basket case! How does time go so quickly?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you girls! I don't know where it goes Jennifer- I'm very teary these days too! My little baby is suddenly a "toddler" on emails, in magazines and she is starting to look like a toddler too! So bitter sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That made me cry....so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that book! We try and read it once a week (as long as Lily's ok with that being her bedtime book :) ) It never fails to at least make me a little choked up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts