Where were you when the world stopped turning?...

I remember exactly where I was...psychology class at NC State, Poe Hall. I had the class at 8:05 with 3 other friends from high school. I didn't even find out until after class was over. I was crossing campus and noticed people acting so weird...hovering at their cars, things were very still. I called my dad, because I just knew something was going on. He told me about the first plane crashing into the North Tower. I headed straight for my dorm; when I got there every door on the hall was open. It was like everyone needed to comfort everyone else somehow and that by having our doors open, we all felt like we were there for each other. All eyes were glued to the televisions. I remember being scared and wanting to go home to my family. It makes me sad to think that there are people out there that want to bring this kind of pain and fear to others. It makes me also realize what is truly important in life and how each and every day is such a gift to us! My heart broke this morning as I watched the tribute on television with my sweet baby girl in my arms. How thankful I am for every moment with her and my husband.

My prayers are with those that lost loved ones on this day 10 years ago. My prayers are with our great country. I'm so thankful to be an American.



Comments

Popular Posts