Getting Back in the Swing & 17 Months
We're finally getting back into the swing of things after a long week last week! John and I both caught the stomach bug- I was down from Tuesday morning until Thursday morning -I finally caught a break from getting sick on Wednesday around lunch- then I slept pretty much straight through until Thursday! John woke up sick Thursday night and was down and out all day Friday too!
Leighton also turned 17 months last week! She's becoming more of a talker- the poor kitties get told "tsssssst no" {"kitty no"} on a daily basis- along with a little finger shake- it's a hoot! She still loves to read- my mom gave us several of her children's books before she moved. One in particular, 'Wilfred Gordan McDonald Partridge' is Leighton's favorite! This cracks me up because it is a book intended for older children. I think she loves the illustrations- which is exactly why her artist of a Mimi loves it too! She's still not a great eater- some days I think she survives on milk and air. My mom says I was the same way, so we're just going with the flow for now. I don't want to make eating a battle or a frustrating thing. What she does eat is very healthy, so we'll just take it one meal at a time! She climbs the stairs like a little person now- holding the banister and standing up. She goes down backwards on her knees. She loves her chair that we got her for Christmas! We are in Kindermusik and she is really starting to get the hang of things there! She has started waking up again some nights. We usually just give her a few minutes and she'll go back to sleep. Sometimes, she'll keep crying and when we check on her, everything is fine. She misses us I guess! Hopefully this will be a short-lived thing! We registered her for preschool- she'll begin in the fall. Big girl! She's just a love!!
We did get a chance to go outside a little bit and enjoy the warmer temps this past week. It's giving us such a taste for spring- I'm so ready for it! March starts tomorrow, yay! We have friends and family visits planned, baby showers for friends, and we're of course hoping for lots of warmish days!
She is so cute!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Becca :)! Can't wait for April 14th!!!
Delete