Family Vacation Part 2~ Lion Country Safari

On our fourth day in Florida, we visited Lion Country Safari in Loxahatchee.  It is a stones throw from my mom's place- she can literally hear the lion's from her front porch!  Haha!  I was a little skeptical at first, since I grew up down the street from the wonderful Asheboro Zoo :).  But I will have to admit, this place had the zoo beat in the area of getting up close with the animals!  

You basically drive through, just like you are on a safari.  There is nothing between you and the animals except for your car {the exception being the lions- that would be scary...}.








Chimpanzees

I saved the absolute BEST for last.  The giraffes!  They are the most precious animals.  I love their big eyes and long eyelashes- so sweet!!!  


Isn't he so cute!!!

This HUGE giraffe walked RIGHT in front of our car!!! 

After you drive through the safari, you can park and go into an area where you can visit plants, birds, rides and there are places to eat.


And... you can FEED the giraffes!  Ah!  What FUN!!!!  I love animals so much and to get to be up close to these wonderful creatures was such a treat for this family! 




Look at our big girl- she wasn't afraid at all!!!



We had a great day at Lion Country!  Thank you Mimi for taking us!  We can't wait to go again some day!!!

Comments

Popular Posts