In November, we moved Leighton into her big girl bed! I was nervous about this transition and had originally planned on doing it in January. Well, her bed arrived much more quickly than I anticipated, so November it was! She did a great job! She did get out in the beginning, but her Daddy and I worked with her and within a few nights, we had a new routine and she was staying in bed. Nap time was what I was most anxious about. This is such a crucial time for Leighton and Mommy. Nap time actually went even more smoothly than bedtime! Now, we have had the occasional day where she is up and down, but I just leave her in her room for "quiet time" and she usually ends up falling asleep at some point! This happens once or twice a month, but for the most part, she goes right to sleep (knock on wood that this continues!) I'm really glad we ended up making this move in November versus January because I have enjoyed having January to focus on spending time with Leighton and getting last minute baby stuff organized.
Here are a few pictures of her room~
 |
| My sister painted this precious stool for Leighton for Christmas |
 |
| I had this made for above her bed~ it says, "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep"~ underneath is the bunny picture that my mom painted that was over her crib :) |
 |
| Sweet girl! |
Comments
Post a Comment