7 Months and A Visit From the Easter Boo-Boo Bunny
Last Wednesday Leighton turned 7 months old. I also had the worst morning of my life :(. I was rushing around trying to get out the door to meet a friend for a walk, and in my hurry I came trotting down the steps in socks with Leighton in my arms. I slipped and fell and so did my baby- it was awful. There really are no words to describe the panic and fear I felt in those moments. She immediately screamed and I saw a bump beginning to pop from her forehead. I was so afraid I called 911. They said the fact that she was crying and had a bump were both actually very good things, but they suggested I take her to a doctor just in case. They didn't have to tell me that because I was already grabbing my shoes, keys and bags. I called my in-laws as soon as I got off the phone with the dispatchers and they were over in less than a minute. Thank goodness for Mary Lou and Stan! Mary Lou drove Leighton and I to her doctor and John met us there. I cried the whole way there, as Leighton laughed- she felt better and had already forgotten the incident, I however was heartbroken. He checked her out and said she would be just fine. Thank goodness! Her bump got better as the day went on. I finally decided to take her 7 month pictures, with her boo-boo bunny in hand; her purple shirt matches her purple bump...
We had a wonderful Easter weekend following the fall incident though! On Saturday we loaded up the truck and headed to Bayview for a day of fun on the River with John's family. We even joined some friends for an Easter egg hunt! Leighton's first!

On Sunday morning we saw that the Easter Bunny had been to visit our sweet girl! She loved pulling out all of her goodies!
See how much better her boo-boo already is!

Caroline! I had no idea this happened! I'm so sorry, but glad you all are ok! Happy Easter
ReplyDelete