Sick Baby and We Have a Sitter!!!
Last Friday we loaded up the car and headed west towards Charlotte to visit several dear friends...or so we thought! We pulled over in Thomasville to feed Leighton and get some gas. As soon as we started pulling off the highway, I told John I didn't think that Leighton looked like she felt good. When we parked I got her out of her carseat and she threw up- 3 times! I took her temperature and it was 101.2. I was so worried and so I called her pediatrician. We were told to visit the nearest Urgent Care. Thankfully a local pediatricians office saw us. Because of Leighton's kidney history they wanted to do a catheter to be sure it wasn't a uti. Thank goodness on Saturday we found out that this was negative! This left us with the probability that it was a virus.
We arrived at our friend's Melissa and Dax's house around 7pm in time to put Leighton to bed- or so we thought, again :(. She was up allllll niiiiight loooooong with a fever and crying. Poor baby! We packed up the next morning and drove the nearly 4 hours home. Well, after another tough night on Saturday night, she seemed to be feeling a little better on Sunday ("little" being the operative word). She ran a fever again Sunday night, after visiting the doctor on Monday morning for her 6 month well-child/sick visit we were told again, probably a virus. Well, here we are on Wednesday and the poor child is still running a fever! So back we go to Children's Health Services bright and early in the AM. Pray for this sweet girl's fever to go away- I want my happy baby back, please!
On a much more exciting note...we have a sitter!!! Yay!!!!
Ohhh I hope she feels better soon! Nothing worse than a sick baby and being up all night ... praying for your strength too! Congrats on her sitting up :) She looks like shes having so much fun!
ReplyDeleteBless her heart! I sure hope she is better today! It is just awful when they're not their normal happy selves!
ReplyDelete