Leighton has some news to share!!!
We're so excited to finally announce that Leighton will be a big sister in February!!! I am 11 weeks as of yesterday. We found out the big news just before Father's Day while John was on a mission trip. We could hardly hold it in the 3 days we had to wait to tell him!
This pregnancy has been very different from Leighton's. I was a tad sick in the beginning with Leighton (around the 8 week mark until I was about 10 weeks). Nothing major at all with her- a little nausea and some slight cravings for greasy food. This go-round I have been so so sick! I knew I was pregnant before I even took the first test, because I was napping at every chance, and going to bed super-early, chores un-done (so not like me!)! At around 6 weeks the nausea and sickness hit big time! I could still function, but felt pretty bad. Around 8 and 9 weeks I think I hit the peak. We also had a little virus in our house around that time, so it's hard to tell what was baby, and what was virus. I spent many days on the couch! I remember saying, I'll get up this afternoon, and it just wouldn't happen. My sweet husband even came home from work early one day to help with Leighton so I could lay down.
Over the past couple of weeks, I can feel the "morning" (more like all day haha!) sickness beginning to taper off. I am starting to just feel bad in the late afternoon and evenings, and it's not even everyday now. Praise!!! It's all worth it in the long run, of course :). But I am surely glad to be able to play with Leighton and mop my floors!
Last week I was able to hear the baby's heartbeat! I forgot just how wonderful and exciting that moment is! I felt so anxious while the nurse searched for the little beat, and then, there it was! She said it was in the strong 160's.
We are so happy to be growing our little family and are just praying for a healthy little baby boy or girl come February!!!

I am so happy for you and your family!!
ReplyDeleteYayyy! Congrats :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Taylor :)! Thank you Becca ;)! xoxo
ReplyDelete