Lainey Bunting Roberson

Our sweet addition, Lainey Bunting Roberson was born on February 15, 2013.  We woke up very early that Friday morning for a 7:30am arrival to the hospital.  Aunt Beverly came over to keep Leighton for us that day!  Aunt Abby spent the night before with us, and followed us to the hospital where we were met by Paw Paw and Amy, Boo, and Papa T and Amy.  Other visitors on her birthday were Pa, Aunt Bee Bee and Uncle John.

Leighton kissing Mommy's tummy bye bye!

Our last picture as a family of 3

Once we arrived at the hospital, everything went very smoothly!  I was prepped for surgery and taken back to the OR almost right on time!  It was actually really a fun experience!  All of the doctors and nurses were awesome and made a happy day that much more joyous!  Our little Lainey arrived at 10:26am via c-section weighing 8 pounds 2 ounces (whoa!  we were surprised!) and 19 inches long.  

She arrived into the world with a healthy bout of screaming!  (In the days that follow, we will think Lainey is very quiet, but at around 2 1/2 weeks, she will prove us wrong ;) ).  I started tearing up when I heard her!  It was so amazing.  I wasn't able to experience this with Leighton because they had to put me to sleep during my surgery.  Our first thought was how much she looked like Leighton!  As soon as they put Lainey against my cheek, she stopped crying.  I will never forget that moment!






My very next favorite moment of Lainey's arrival was when Leighton was able to meet her.  It was so sweet!  When Leighton came into the room, she was very quiet- and this is so unlike our Leighton.  She just looked around.  Then she came to sit with me for a minute, then our pediatrician handed Lainey to me so that Leighton could see her.  Leighton called her "Be-Lay" (Baby Lainey).  I think this will be her nickname for years to come!




While we were in the hospital with Lainey, we got some snow!  We were bummed to miss Leighton's first snow, but we got lots of pictures of her having fun!


After only 2 days in the hospital, we were able to bring our Lainey home!  This was so exciting for me, because I was in the hospital for 4 days with Leighton.  

Lainey all dressed to be introduced to her home!

Daddy with our goodies!




Welcome to the world sweet Baby Lainey!  We love you so much!!!  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts