All of our bags are packed and ready to go...



Tomorrow is the day we have been waiting on for months- our due date! We have all of our bags packed and ready to go, the carseat is in the car, we have diapers and wipes, hand sanitizer, clean baby clothes~ we just need a baby! We had our 40 week check-up today and my cervix is still closed. This was a little disappointing, but our doctor told us that she has had several cases where mom is not progressing, and she goes into labor the next day. So we have hope! We have a visit scheduled for this Thursday so that they can do an ultrasound to make sure the fluid around her looks good. If we haven't gone into labor by Sunday, we are scheduled to go to the hospital on Sunday the 19th at 5:30pm for an induction early Monday morning. They will give me some medicine on Sunday evening that will help "ripen" my cervix, and could possibly encourage labor. John's sister is getting married this Saturday, so that means we will make the wedding! As we all know, babies come when they are ready, so for now it is just a waiting game :).

We thank you for your prayers for a safe arrival and a healthy little baby girl~!

Comments

  1. I am so excited for you and John and cannot wait to meet her so soon!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about you earlier today. I wish you the best, and Katie is keeping me posted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it is unusual for your due date to come and go. Mine did....Seth was born a week after his due date and I had to be induced. Either way, you all will be fine and the doctors and nurses will take good care of you! Best wishes and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes for a fast and safe delivery, Caroline!! You've been on my mind lately and I am praying that all goes well as you bring Leighton into the world. You and John are about to embark on a beautiful journey together. Just wait until you see her face for the first time!! Looking forward to seeing pics of her :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts