Welcome to the World Baby Leighton

Welcome to the world sweet baby Leighton! After lots of waiting, and waiting, and waiting...she is here! We have enjoyed each and every minute with her~ even those minutes in the wee hours of the night. She arrived last Monday, September 20, 2010 at 7:21pm. She was 7 pounds 1 ounce and was 20 inches long. John and I arrived at the hospital on Sunday evening at 5:30 to prepare for an early morning induction. The next morning, I was induced at 6am and spent the morning in labor, and making good progress. By late that afternoon I was ready to push! After over and hour of pushing my doctor informed us that my pelvis was too small, and that Leighton's heartrate was beginning to show that she was affected by the stress of the labor. She was delivered by way of c-section at 7:21pm. With family and friends there to greet her arrival, we met our daughter for the first time.

Our first week has been filled with lots of getting to know our newborn :). We love her little sounds, her cries, and have even caught an occasional smile on her face. Happy 1 week birthday Leighton Dare, we love you!!!

Comments

  1. All that waiting was well worth it. She is just adorable! Keep us updated:) Happy 1 week Leighton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I am so happy for ya'll. What a cutie pie! Happy Birthday Leighton, On our anniversary too:) HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Caroline!! She is absolutely beautiful, just like her Mommy :)
    If you have any post-cesarean questions let me know... I felt it was very helpful to hear about my other "c-section friends" recovery stories and tips! Hope you are feeling well and I pray your recovery will be quick! best wishes to you and John as you embark on this wonderful journey together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I can't wait to meet her.

    Love & Prayers-ELR

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts